Thursday, August 03, 2006

008 . Color Keys... Part One.


Greg
has started working on the color keys for the film.

These will give us the rendering palate and help establish the stylized look and feel of North Africa. The look is of course based on the area of the desert from Lawrence of Arabia after Lawrence has finished crossing the Nafu. Turns out this region is actually on the Sinai Peninsula.

It's a beautifully rugged landscape that Greg has adapted to make it ours. Personally, I think these images rock! And they help motivate me to keep this film on schedule, because I can't wait to see it done and on the big screen. This will mark the first time I make a full 2K rendered, 35mm, all CG film for theatrical release, and I'm pretty excited about it!

Until next time troops!

-Christopher